Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

The official blog about nothing...

I've been encouraged to blog every day. I don't feel particularly inspired to write anything of great meaning soooo I'm really hoping something comes to me. I guess I can take a cue from my fellow blog buddy and just write about what's going on in my life right now. Nothing deep. Nothing profound. Nothing self-explorational (is that a word?). Just. what's up with me.

Here it goes...

We are closing on a house on Monday. Hopefully the last stinkin' time we do this ever. Okay, well, for at least the next ten years. I lived in the same house from the time I was 3 months old till I was 18, when I went running for something new and different. Now I think about my childhood home as a treasure, a haven. If it were suddenly gone, it would feel like a big piece of who I am disappeared with it.

My son is 3, turning 4 in April. This will be his fourth house to live in, not counting the four-month stint we lived with his grandparents. I'm not lovin the trend. We found a home in an area that WE love (what the grandparents think about it is a different blog altogether) and that we can call home for years to come. There's a peach tree in the back yard. I hope one day Lil Man tells his girlfriend how he hated picking up the peaches but LOVED the peach cobbler his mom made out of them. Or maybe he'll show his wife a patch of sheet rock that's a bit lumpier and newer than the rest due to an awesome curve ball he threw once. And Missy Girl...she'll take her first steps there. And have her first slumber party there. And have her first, well, all those unmentionable firsts that pubescent girls go through.


This was taken at our "Moore house" on "crazy sock day" at his preschool.


Everyone remembers WHERE they were when certain events happen in life. I want to look around myself 20 years from now and be able to point to where I was when my kids tell me they've won a special award, or made the team, or gotten into college.

Monday. We close Monday and the memories will begin. Not that they haven't till now. But this will be a chapter that isn't likely to end soon and I can't wait to start it.

Well, whaddya know? It turned out deeper than I thought. whoops.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know y'all were looking for a house, much less closing on one! That's so exciting!!

    If you need help moving anything, just let us know and we'll be up there! What area are you going to be in.. Still in Edmond?

    Congratulations! I look forward to hearing about all your amazing memories in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete