Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

the American Dream

You know, life doesn't get much better than this. Sure. The economy is crap. The world hates the U.S. Gas is high and morale is low. Our politicians can't agree on anything we elected them to do. Our kids are rotten and don't do what they're told and have too many tattoos. Movies aren't what they used to be and popcorn costs a fortune. The small towns are drying up. Cowboys are a dying breed. Unemployment is at an all-time high and Wal-Mart is taking over the world. But.
I've got a roof over my head, a nice new roof that covers a nice new house that I never dreamed I would be lucky enough to live in. I've got food in my fridge, even though some of it is moldy. I've got two wonderful babies, one of which told me I "scared the crap out of him" this morning. And I've got a working, non-alcoholic, non-abusive, loving, caring husband whose American dream is to let me stay at home and raise our kids.
This is a bit sappy, yes. But the world just sucks sometimes. It's exhausting watching the news and hearing how we're all going to hell and how the world could collapse around us at any time. I was sitting on my back porch, absorbing some beautiful sun rays, reading a very sappy book, looking at my green grass, and drinking some iced tea and I thought, okay. The world has gone mad, but here in my little plot of Earth, things are just fine and dandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment